Monday, March 19, 2007

Scrap Therapy #9 at Scrapbook-Graphics - Pivotal Moment


Sometimes events happen for a reason. When I lost my son shortly after being born, life as I knew it came to an end. Gone were the rose-colored glasses with which I viewed life. My eyes opened to the stark reality that as much as I wanted my son to be alive, I couldn’t bring him back. I can’t tell you what happened in the months that followed...it is all a blur. Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Time and life went on. I had to return to normal life whether I wanted or not. I enrolled at the Cittone Institute of Technology for a course in Office Automation. I excelled in my classes and was asked to be class valedictorian. I declined it because I hate being the center of attention. After graduation, I applied to a few places and even found the perfect job, for which I was more than qualified and even paid me more than I had asked form but I was not happy. After two weeks in the job, I quit. One day I noticed an ad in the newspaper from an adoption agency looking for a secretary. I interviewed for the position and subsequently hired. While there, I learned all I could about adoptions, from both an adoptive parent’s and a birth parent’s position. With eyes wide open, it became clear to me that this was Providence guiding my way to regain that which I had lost: a precious child. On January 3, 2001 my beloved daughter was born, as was I. Sixteen months later I was blessed with my son Liam. My rose colored glasses are back on for good! Kaylie and Daddy, January 4th, 2001Gaze page set, by Carrie Stephens, Scrapbook-GraphicsFrame: Groupie set #1 by Doris Castle, Scrapbook-GraphicsDuplicates: Growth Spur by Heather Roselli/Rachael Giallongo, TheDigiChick . Scalloped edge (recolored) by Mindy Terasawa, DesignerDigitals. Font: Don Semi-Formal and SA Kiss

No comments: