Friday, November 02, 2007

Inspiring Nature


The lake in its full glory. The colors appear to be oversaturated, but these photos are straight out of the camera.


I just love, love, love these leaves... unretouched.


The ducks emerging from the mist...


The ghostly dancing mist.


Didn't I tell you it was glorious?

As you all know, Autumn is my MOST FAVORITE season of all. I thoroughly enjoy all that nature has to offer during this time. The cool morning breeze, the warn sun, the colorful trees, the fallen leaves, the wildlife, the crops, the fields....it is all just fabulous.

Anyway, a few days ago we woke up and there was fog everywhere. It was kind of creepy for the kids as they waited for the school bus to come. But I didn't think that at all. I could picture my beloved lake in its full glory. I couldn't wait to rush the kids to school so I could go to the lake and take photos. Just like in my mind's eye, it was gorgeous.

I parked and went to the bridge to admire its view, while being careful to keep close to the rail so that the oncoming traffic couldn't run me over.

The sun was peeking through the trees, which were dressed in glourious greens, reds, yellows, browns and orange, as the light refracted on the water. The rising mist crept up ever so lightly enchanting me with its dance. Then I noticed movement in the water...something emerging from the mist, slowly...closer and closer it came...a duck! Make that, lots of ducks. All synchronized and swimming along splendidly in line formation. Made me think of Swan Lake.

This is as close as I can get you to being there...I am not a writer, not have the gift of gab, but I try. :) Enjoy these pictures from my part of the world.

Hugs, Kait

No comments: