Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back to Reality

yeah...right.

As you know, we were on vacation last week. Nothing planned...just hanging out at the house. Well, that is better said than done for my dh. The man can not sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time. It drove me bonkers. Now I know where Liam gets it from!

I never realized how having dh hanging around the house, following HIS NORMAL routine, could be challenging. As I mentioned before, I like my peace and quiet, but dh has to have some kind of noise going on ALL OF THE TIME, whether radio or tv...and there went my peaceful week. Watching tv with him is the pits. He has the attention span of a 5 year old....exactly like Liam. Now I know where Liam gets his short attention span and busy nature. I don't know how the man can follow a story because every 5 minutes he kept flipping the freaking channel. Besides, I don't want tv until the kids get home and watch their cartoons! LOL
Yes, I love watching cartoons. I have been watching them for over 30 years.

Anyway, the kids have been sick on and off for the last 2 weeks. Kaylie had a horrible cough that wouldn't go away and even had a fever one day, which kept her from school. You should have seen her crying. She wanted to go to school badly. That Robitussin DM does wonders and is highly recommended by her pediatrician.

Liam, on the other hand, is having a horrible sinus problem and allergies. The poor guy is so congested that it was affecting the way he spoke...very nasal. He was congested, but nothing was coming out and had the most horrible coughing bouts ever. He had been coughing for more than a week and would have coughing bouts, especially at night. He would snore louder than his father. Anyway, he, too, was running a fever so I had to keep him home for a few days until all his ailments calmed down a bit. He was using one Singulair, but had to get on Zyrtec to control his allergies better. The coughing was brought on by a never ending post nasal drip. When the medications started working, the congestion in his head started to clear and it was mucus city! There sure were a ton of excretions coming out of that little boy! Yuck! Aren't you glad I gave you that visual? LOL Anyway, I am happy to report that he is back in full swing.

All is well that ends well, I made it through vacation without getting sick and dh is safe and sound and back at work; the Wacom didn't surface like I thought it would. :)

No comments: